- CountryMinded is a political party that stands for national and universal recognition of the contribution of rural and regional Australia and Australians to the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of the nation.
- The Party seeks to arrest poor political advocacy for the sector resulting from the shrinking rural population and the increasingly disconnected urban population.
- The Party is committed to a promote a modern “countrymindedness” to foster better social awareness and public policy to support sustainable and prosperous rural and regional economies for the benefit of all Australians.
- CountryMinded aims to restore basic rights to individuals to make their own choices and accept personal responsibility for those choices. CountryMinded rejects the propensity to enforce a “nanny state” by excessively regulating people’s personal lives and choices with no demonstrable greater good.
- Government has a responsibility to intervene where markets fail.
- Elected representatives are public servants and their first and binding commitment must be to their constituency in the context of being a servant. The practice of politicians placing their relationship with a party above their obligation to their constituents is abhorrent.
- Government has a moral and ethical responsibility to act in the interests of future generations as well as current Australians. The preservation of the natural resources of the nation including agricultural land is essential to the prosperity of future generations. Similarly, the exploitation of the nation’s non-renewable resources should provide significant benefits to future generations without risk to productive lands.
- The business of Government at the individual and institutional level must be held accountable to the highest standards of performance excellence utilised in the commercial sector. The incidences of public sector waste, abuse of power and impunity undermines a successful and efficient delivery of service and must cease. All levels of Government have a responsibility to embrace a culture of productive service excellence.
- Australia is a tolerant democracy based on Christian ethics, but beyond this ethical standard there shall be a clear separation of church and state. No person or people shall be subject to persecution or prejudice due to sexuality, religion, race or ability.
Do you like this page?